Catia V5 Die Designer
Creative and thorough engineer with the ability to visualize the manufacturing of a metal part using a stamping die. They are capable of reviewing tool and die designs, determine the methods to assemble, test and debug complete tools especially stamping dies whether single hit, transfer or progressive. They review the part specifications, drawings and requirements and work primarily unsupervised to complete the tasks by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create designs, details, and dimensioning of CAD files and prints for the manufacture of dies and associated tooling, fixtures, and press modifications.
- Comply with customer design process, when required.
- Maintain design files.
- Receive, evaluate and disperse design documents.
- Troubleshoot tooling and die related issues.
- Maintain document control.
- Comply with all company quality requirements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Training in 2D and 3D graphics or modeling software. Unigraphics is the preferred development platform.
- Experience in a tool shop or tool and die making preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings and technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, customers and managers of the organization.